if the flame of a candle flickers and then turns blue, there's a spirit in the room。
if a bird flies through your house, it indicates important news. if it can't get out, the news will be death。
if you feel a chill up your spine, someone is walking on your future grave。
a person born on halloween will have the gift of communicating with the dead。
a bat in the house is a sign of death。
if a bird flies towards you, bad fortune is imminent。
if your palm itches, you will soon receive money. if you itch it, your money will never come。
crows are viewed as a bad omen, often foretelling death. if they caw, death is very near。
many romans wore lucky charms and amulets to avert the "evil eye."
if a person experiences great horror, their hair turns white。
a hat on a bed will bring bad luck。
eat an apple on christmas eve for good health the next year。
the superstition of knocking on wood for good luck originates from pagan beliefs in regards to trees。
1. If you were born on Halloween you'll enjoy lifelong protection against evil spirits.
2. Black cats actually bring good luck!!
3. If you put your clothes on wrong side out and walk backwards on Halloween night you will see a witch at midnight.
4. Your future husband will appear in the mirror on Halloween.
1. the halloween celebration comes from all hallows day or all saints day, the 1st of november. this was originally a pagan festival of the dead, but later became a holiday to honor christian saints。
2. the name halloween comes from a contraction of all hallows eve (evening)， the day before all hallows day. on this night it was believed that the spirits of the dead would try to come back to life!
3. dressing up in costumes is one of the most popular halloween customs, especially among children. according to tradition, people would dress up in costumes (wear special clothing, masks or disguises) to frighten the spirits away。
4. popular halloween costumes include vampires (creatures that drink blood)， ghosts (spirits of the dead) and werewolves (people that turn into wolves when the moon is full)。
5. trick or treating is a modern halloween custom where children go from house to house dressed in costume, asking for treats like candy or toys. if they don't get any treats, they might play a trick (mischief or prank) on the owners of the house。
6. the tradition of the jack o' lantern comes from a folktale about a man named jack who tricked the devil and had to wander the earth with a lantern. the jack o' lantern is made by placing a candle inside a hollowed-out pumpkin, which is carved to look like a face。
7. there are many other superstitions associated with halloween. a superstition is an irrational idea, like believing that the number 13 is unlucky!
8. halloween is also associated with supernatural creatures like ghosts and vampires. these creatures are not part of the natural world. they don't really exist... or do they?
9. witches are popular halloween characters that are thought to have magical powers. they usually wear pointed hats and fly around on broomsticks。
10. bad omens are also part of halloween celebrations. a bad omen is something that is believed to bring bad luck, like black cats, spiders or bats。