1. English people often take umbrellas with them when they go out because they don't want to be in a rain.
A. seized B. got C. captured D. caught
2. Whenever Tom knew I was in trouble, he always lends me a hand.
A. might B. would C. could D. should
3. There is an arrow on the wall _ the direction of advance.
A. pointing B. identifying
C. marking D. indicating
4. The spaceman found to look at the earth away from it
A. a most exciting experience B. it a most exciting experience
C.that a most exciting experience D.the experience most
5. As people live longer, they to change their ideas about life
A. like B.tend C.wish D.long
6. any instructiorts from the Head Office, we couldn't make any decision.
A. Not receiving B.Receiving no C.Not having recived D.Having not received
7. The design was so that you could not find any fault in it.
A. delicate B. elaborate C. fancy D. complicated
8. So fast that it is difficult for us to imagine its speed.
A. light travels B. travels light
C. do light travel D. does light travel
9. She longed to visit Italy, _ she often dreamt about it.
A. so seriously that B. so eagerly that
C. to such an extent that D. so anxiously that
10. Even if he _ here, he would not be able to help us.
A. is B. had been C. has been D. were
11. The classroom is quite clean _ some waste paper on the floor. :
A. except for B. except C. besides D. without
12. He is the only one of those boys who _ willing to take a make-up exam
A. is B. were C. has been D. was
13. He speaks English well indeed, but of course not a native speaker
A. as fluent as B. more fluent than
C. so fluently as D. much fluently than
14. Nuclear science should be developed to benefit the people _ harm them.
A. rather than B. other than
C. more than D. better than
15. Everyone is working harder, and living a happier life now, _ ?
A. isn't one B. aren't we
C. isn't it D. aren't they
16. Sorry, I didn't know _ Dr. Smith has already returned from his holiday. I'II go and see him in a minute
A. that B. when C. whether D. if
17. There's little chance that mankind would a nuclear war.
A. retain B. endure C. maintain D. survive
18. It was a soldier who happened to be there saved the girl from the danger
A. where B. how C. that D. when
19. The dictionary she bought is that I have.
A. twice as much as B. as twice much as
C. twice more than D. twice than
20. When I took his temperature, it was two degrees above _ .
A. average B. ordinary C. regular D. normal
21. I was really anxious about you. You home without a word
A. mustn’t leave B. shouldn't have left
C. couldn't have left D. needn' t leave
22. If you your name and address on the card, we’ll send the book to you as soon as it is retumed.
A. go over B. fill in
C. find out D.carry out
23. Would you like more coffee? I’m sure you would .
A. much B. few C. any D.a lot
24. These are common materials we are all familiar.
A. about which B. of which
C. with which D. to which
25. of danger, he jumped into the river all at once.
A. Because B. In terms C. Instead D. carry out
26. When I leave the research institute next week, I there for 18 years.
A. shall be working B. will work
C. shall have worked D. have worked
27. The number of children from l to 15 in different families.
A. varies B. seems C. changes D. turns
28. In ancient time’s people used to build their houses with materials .
A. convenient B. important C. available D. natural
29. She agreed without the slightest .
A. hesitation B. thinking C. look D. hope
30. Is there any they'll ever find a cure for the common cold?
A. prospective B. prospect C. prosperity D. prosperous
31. Some people are color-blinded and cannot between blue and green.
A. distinguish B. differ C. separate D. divide
32. knows the name of this song will receive a prize from the radio station.
A.One B.Who C. Anyone D. Whoever
33. All the countries are customers or customers of the United States.
A. potential B.pretended C.preventive D.pretective
34. The safety rules are__ anyone.
A. applied on B. applied in C. applied for D. applied to
35. We got to the station only _ that the train had just left.
A. learned B. to learn C. learning D. having learned
【解析】 D point意为“指向”;identify意为“辨认”;mark意为“标示”;indicate意为“表示”。
【解析】 B 本题考核形式宾语的应用。句子中it是形式宾语，a most exciting experience为名词短语作宾语补足语。
【解析】 B 四个选项均可用作动词，其中like意为“喜欢”;tend意为“趋向：wish意为“希望”;long意为“渴望”。
【解析】C本题考查分词的时态与分词的否定式。根据题意判断，分词的动作(接到指示)发生在谓语动词的动作(做决定)之前，因此用分词的完成式。分词的否定式的构成为not+分词。该句可理解为：Because we had not received any instructions from the Head Office, we couldn't make any decision.
【解析】 C so…that与such…that的意思和句法作用相同，但是因为so(adv.)和such(adj.)的词类不同，所以so...that和such...that的句子结构也不同。试比较：so+ adj. /adv.+that clause(so后跟形容词或副词);such( a/an)+n.+that clause(8uch后跟名词)。
【解析】 D虚拟现在时表示与现在事实相反的假设，其条件从句的谓语形式用动词的过去式(be -般用were)，主句用would/should/could/might+动词原形。
【解析】 A本题考核近义词的用法区别。except for的宾语与前述对象完全是两回事;except：指同一类事物的总体中除去一部分;besides：强调“除此之外，还包括”;without：“没有”。
【解析】 C本题考核修饰部分的语法应用。后半句可看作是句子的状语成分，用副词修饰谓语动词。同时注意not as( so) ...as的应用。
【解析】 A rather than意为“而不是”;other than意为“除了，不同于”;more than意为“多于”;better than意为“好于”。
【解析】 D 当陈述部分的主语为everybody，everyone，anybody，anyone，nobody等 表示人的不定代词时，反义疑问句的主语在日常英语中通常用they。如：Everyone has been to Shanghai，haven't they?如果陈述部分的主语是everything，anything，nothing 等表示物的不定代词时，附加问句的主语常用it，不用they。如：Everything is getting along quite well, isn't it?
16.【翻译】 对不起，我不知道Dr. Smith已经度假回来。我马上去看他。
【解析】 A本题考核宾语从句的掌握情况。I didn't know是主句部分，