1. Small Bear loves his little bed. Papa Bear made the bed for him when he was a baby. But one morning, Small Bear wakes up with pains in his legs. He is too big for his little bed now.
2. "Today, we shall go out into the woods and make you a bigger bed!" Papa takes up his ax and goes out the door. "But, Papa," calls Small Bear. "What will happen to my little bed?"
3. "Don't worry about that, Small Bear," says Mama Bear. "We will have a new baby soon."
4. Papa and Small Bear make a bigger bed. They carry it back home.
5. Small Bear can't find his old bed. "Where is my little bed?" "Come and see," calls Mama from the next room. It is true! There is his little bed. There is a baby sister in it. Now Small Bear is a big brother!
6. Small Bear looks at her. Baby sister pops him on the nose with a small hand.
7. That night Small Bear sleeps proudly in his bigger bed. "Aha!" he says. "It's nice to have a little sister."
1.I'm a little black puppy. I live in a pet shop. Soon I will have a kid of my own.
2. This is a boy for me. He says hello. He pats my head. Woof! Woof! He takes me home.
3. I start taking care of my boy right away. I keep him clean.
4. I teach him about tug-of-war .
5. My boy is not good at everything. He can not dig very fast.
6. He can not hide under the bed.
7. He can not run as fast as I can.
8. I run and run. Oh, no! I do not see my boy. Is he lost? I look everywhere, but I can't find him.
9. Now I see my boy. He sees me too. Woof! Woof! I tell my boy he must not get lost again.
1. A Little Mouse and a Big Lion live in the forest. Little Mouse is afraid of Big Lion. He always stays away from Big Lion. One day, Little Mouse has big trouble. When he is walking in the grass, Big Lion catches him.
2. "Let me go!" begs Mouse. "Someday I will help you!"
3. "You help me?" says Lion. "Ha, ha, ha!" But Lion opens his paw. He sets Mouse free.
4. Many days pass. One day, Big Lion has big, big trouble. He is caught in a big net. He cannot move. Roar!
5. Mouse sits up. He hears that roar and runs to help.
6. "Help me!" begs Lion.
7. Mouse starts to chew. He cuts off the ropes with his teeth and sets Lion free! Little Mouse saves Big Lion!
8. Lion does not laugh at Mouse now. Because he knows — even the littlest Mouse can help the biggest Lion.
1. Little David looks after sheep. One day, a lion comes to steal a sheep. He kills the lion all by himself!
2. Soon war comes. David's brothers go off to fight. David stays at home. One day, David's father asks him to take some food to his brothers.
3. David sees his brothers. He sees the king and lots of other men, too. Everyone is looking at the other army. A giant stands there. "I am Goliath. Send one man to fight me!" the giant says.
4. "Who will fight Goliath?" the king asks. "Not me! Not me!" cry the men."Send me," says David.
5. The king gives David a big sword. David gives it back. "I have my sling," he says. Goliath laughs at David. "Let me turn you into food for the birds!"
6. David puts a stone in his sling. ZING! The stone hits Goliath between the eyes! The giant falls down，dead!
7. "Goliath is dead!" cry Goliath's men. "Run for your lives!" David becomes a hero! Later David grows up to be a great king.