1. Key words: came, win, won, last
Contextual words: gold, cup, practice
2. Key structures:
When did they come? They came last Wednesday. What did she play? She played the flute.
3. Students are able to identify the sentences with “what” and “when”.
4. Students are able to talk about the news with the past verbs.
5.Students enjoy the story and understand the proverbs involved in the story “Practice makes perfect” as well as “Where there is a will, there is a way”.
Key points: key words and key sentences.
Difficult points: Students are able to talk about the news with the past verbs.
I. Warm up
1. TPR and quick response
2. Free talk: What did you do last …?
II. Presentation and Practice
1. Q&A about a piece of news adopted from the story.
2. Enjoy the story and understand “Practice makes perfect.”
3. Find out the key structures with “what” and “when”.
4. Chant for the key structures.
1. Finish a listening exercise.
2. Guess what the winners did.
3. Continue the story and make a report.
Past verbs in news
Write a report