本课是初中牛津英语8B第七单元Water Talk课文的教学。这篇课文是一篇较长的阅读文章。初二的英语教学突出了阅读文章的教学，而长篇文章的阅读也恰是同学们学习的难点。如何处理好此篇阅读文章的教学，如何让学生对文章有整体的把握与理解以及对部分生词有初步的掌握，将是本课着重解决的问题。本课虽是阅读教学，但是在教学中，本课也有针对性地对学生的听, 说, 读, 写进行了一定的操练, 以便提高学生综合运用语言的能力。本课课文所涉及的内容为水的旅程，联系了生活实际，是学生较为熟知的话题;同时将水拟人化，增加了文章的趣味性。本堂课将着眼于课本，充分挖掘文章的知识性以及趣味性。
1. Language objectives:
To learn the new words: precious, vanish, a sewage plant, a water treatment works, thorough, etc.
To get to know water’s journey.
2. Skill objectives:
To find out the information according to the given questions.
To improve the students’ skills in using some verbs to describe facts.
3. Emotional objectives:
To arouse the students’ awareness of the importance and necessity of saving
1、在课前设定阅读任务, 让学生带着任务进行阅读, 增强阅读的目的，对文本有一个整体把握
2 、在教学中, 指导学生掌握阅读的步骤和方法，加强泛读与精读的训练。
4、在教学中, 指导和训练学生掌握阅读的基本技巧, 比如教给学生圈点、划线﹑改写等方法。
1. Let students read a poem and guess to elicit the topic—Water. (引发兴趣)
2. Ask students to say something about water to elicit a new word— precious.(以旧带新)
3. Ask the students to finish Water’s talk in groups. Check whether the students understand the main idea of the passage.(旨在对文章的整体把握)
1. Introduce Daisy’s bathroom and teach some words--- tap, sink, drain. (由图片引出课文生词，处理文中的开头部分)
2. Read aloud the rewritten reading part on the slide and tell why water was angry.(阅读被改写过的段落后，同学们就水为什么会生气这一问题进行思考。)
3. Ask the students to read the first part of the passage and use the new words to replace the expressions in the rewritten part. (对照被改写的段落，在书上圈出不同的地方，看似简单的任务，却很好地调动了学生，让学生轻松地掌握了生词的英语释义。)
4. Play the recording of the second part and let the students find out the places water passed in order. (听段落，把握大意，筛选信息。)
5. Show the students some pictures and let them tell what water did and what happened to water. Students are required to use the key verbs.
6. Get the students to know the end of water’s journey and learn the new word --- a sewage plant. Make sure the students know water’s cycle.(问题设问，铺垫下文)
7. Prepare some questions about water’s journey and have them wok out the questions in groups.(小组问题竞答，检查与巩固课文内容。)
1. Get the students to have a competition. They take turns to write a flow chart of water’s journey in four and one of them read it out after completing it.(小组比赛，完成水旅程的流程图，更进一步地检测并巩固所学内容。)
2. Let the students watch a flash on water’ cycle and tell what they think of the journey.
Try to arouse their awareness of the importance of saving water.(情意升华，珍惜水资源。)
1. Read the passage after the tape.
2. Use the given words to finish a short passage at least 60 words with the topic of ‘Water’s journey’.(写话练习是对所学内容的复习与巩固)
1. 学生能流利朗读并理解story time。
2. 学生能听懂、会读句型" When's your birthday? It's on the eleventh of May. It's on the eighth of April."
3. 学生能运用句型"What do you do on your birthday? I usually..."正确问答生日活动。
2. Listen to the song< Happy birthday to you>
3. Say a chant< The months chant>
T: boys and girls. There are twelve months in a year. Which month do you like best?
S: I like…
T: I like October best. Because my birthday is in October. Do you want to know?
You can ask“ When’s your birthday? ”引入生日讨论。
Put in order
Read the text carefully and try to find the answers.
1）Who do they spend their birthdays with?(他们和谁一起度过生日？)
2）What do they eat?
文化渗透：Chinese people usually spend their birthdays with their families, they often eat noodles. Western people usually spend their birthdays with their friends, they often eat birthday cakes.
3）T: They do different things on their birthdays.
Are they happy on their birthdays?
How can you know?
找出句子: We have a great time. We have a lot of fun.
T: We know Su Hai, Su Yang and Mike’s birthdays. Now, it’s your turn to share your birthdays.
T: Now we also eat birthday cakes and have a birthday party with our friends. So with the development of the world, the differences between China and western countries are getting smaller and smaller.
Your birthdays are wonderful. Your parents remember your birthday and prepare a lot of presents for you. But I have a question. Do you know your parents’ birthdays. Who knows? Hands up! Not all of us know the birthdays of our Parents. But our parents is the most important people in our life. Boys and girls, Let’s design some birthday activities for your parents’ birthdays. Write down your ideas.
(必做)1. Listen to the tape and read after it three times.
2. Write down more ideas for your parents’ birthdays.
(选做)1. Try to retell the story.
2. Write down your parents’ birthday dates.
Good afternoon,teachers. It’s my great pleasure to be here sharing my teaching ideas I’ll begin the lesson from the following four parts:
Analyzing teaching material
The teaching methods
The studying methods
The teaching procedures
and while presenting these parts I will do the blackboard writing properly. Ok now I am going to start from the first part “Analyzing teaching material”
This unit is about It is made up of paragraphs.
The teaching aim of this lesson is to help students to understand and master the words, phrases and sentence patterns on the basis of understanding the text.
The ability aim is to improve the students’ organizing and using skills of English and to retell the whole text in their own words.
The emotional aim is to help students understand and to develop
students’ sense of cooperative learning.
Then the teaching key points is to help the students get a general idea of the whole
And the teaching difficult points is to make students use their own words to express
According to the analysis above, I’ll try my best to carry out the following theories
while dealing with this lesson:
To make students the real masters of the class while I just act as a director.
To combine the language structure with the language functions.
And to make students receive some moral education while they are learning language. In order to achieve my goal, I will use the following teaching methods:
The first teaching method I will use is communicative approach, since language is
used for communication. Communicative approach is learner-centered and emphasizes communication and real-life situations.
The second teaching method I would like to use is task-based approach. A task
resembles activities which our students or other people carry out in everyday life.
Learners should be given opportunities to reflect on what they have learned and how well they are doing.
The third teaching method I want to use is computer assisted language teaching.
Computer plays an important role to make the materials attractive. It can also help the learners to understand the language and then produce comprehensible output.
And in order to practice my teaching methods better, the following teaching aids will be used:
A projector, a tape recorder, multimedia and of course the blackboard.
And then, I would like to talk about the studying methods. As students are poor in
cooperative learning skill, many students are not active in English class, and even
some of them don’t like English. Therefore, I will have the students learn English in a much more relaxed atmosphere. The learning process of students is from seeing,
thinking, and speaking. So, to make the students get the knowledge actively,
cooperative learning and task-based learning will be used.
Next, I will talk about the teaching procedure. To train the students’ ability of listening, speaking, reading and writing, I have designed the following steps.
Step 1 Lead-in
At the very beginning of the class, I will make the students have a free talk about and then discuss the questions in pre-reading on page . The purpose of this step is to arouse the students’ learning interest. After a discussion about the questions,
the students will be eager to know something about and it’s the very time to naturally lead the class into
Step 2 Listening comprehensions
In this step, I will write several questions before listening to the text:
And then I will make the students answer the questions after listening to the tape. The purpose of this step is to train and improve the students’ listening ability .
Step 3 skimming and scanning
In this step, I will give the students two tasks . The first task is to get the general idea, the task is to develop the students’ reading skill by making prediction and to encourage the students to express their own thoughts in English. The second task is to get the main idea of each paragraph. I will divide the whole class into several groups to skim the whole text and get the main idea of each paragraph. The purpose of this task is to improve the students’ fast reading skill and cooperate with each other.And then guide Ss to read the material carefully and take some important notes, then answer the following questions in P.
Step 4 Retelling the passage
Language is learned by communicating. It’s my job to creat an atmosphere for students to use the language. The students discuss in their group and then choose a reporter to share to the whole class.
Step 7 Consolidation
In this activity, I will ask some students to read each paragraph, and then do the exercise following the text.
Step 8 make a summary
I will go through the important points and difficult points of this lesson with the students once again. And of course, the language points on the blackboard will be mentioned as well.
And now let’s move to the last step
Step 9 Homework
1. Read the passage as frequently as you can
2. Find out some words and sentences you think are beautiful and recite them.
Purpose of my design: Homework is so important and necessary for to master the knowledge they learned after class. It will check whether the Ss achieve the teaching aims.
That’s all of my teaching ideas about this lesson. Thanking you for your listening.
（一） 教材地位和教学内容分析 本课是高一必修模块1第4单元的阅读课型，这单元围绕earthquakes这一主题开展听、说、读、写多种教学活动。Reading设计为本单元的第2课时。本课型是单元整体教学的重要环节，为学生的语言学习、语法学习提供了载体，并且是学生获取信息的主要来源。“Reading――― A NIGHT THE EARTH DIDN’T SLEEP” 具体描写1976年唐山大地震的震前、震中和震后。本篇文章词汇量大，运用了大量的动词、复杂的数字，出现许多定语从句，篇幅较长，并且采用一些修辞手法，对学生的语言阅读能力提出了更高的要求。但文章的结构较明显，较容易归纳出各部分的中心词。
b)学习掌握与地震相关的词汇，如：shake,well,rise,smelly,pond,pipe,burst,canal,steam,ruin,injure,destroy,brick,dam,useless,steel,shock,quake,rescue,electricity,disaster,army,organize,bury,coal,mine,shelter,fresh,percent等，以及 right away, at an end, dig out, give out, thousands of以及一些优美句子的赏析。
3）重点掌握有关地震的词汇，特别是shake, burst, ruin, injure, destroy, shock, quake, rescue, disaster, army, organize, bury, shelter。 4）欣赏并理解课文中优美句子，让学生掌握一些英语修辞用法。
STEP1 导入 lead-in 在课堂开始，我会给学生播放一段有冯小刚导演拍的电影《唐山大地震》的片段节选，让学生能通过电影能理解和体会到自然灾害给人类带来的巨大灾难。让后直接导入今天的课题。这个能激发学生去了解这篇文章的兴趣，积极加入课堂。
Step2 pre-reading 读前 在这个环节我会在学生在读这篇文章之前给出几个问题。但是并不要求学生马上给出答案。而是要求在下一环节的阅读中找出答案。
Step3 while reading 在这个环节当中我设计了3个活动 第一个活动 activity1 fast reading 给学生几分钟的时间，让后让学生快速阅读这篇文章，并找出在读前所给题的答案，在读完文章之后，让几个同学来进行回答。 第二个活动 activity2 scanning 放录音，让学生跟随录音快速阅读，并要求学生找出每一段落的中心句，并在读完之后，要求得出这篇文章的整体大意。并让学生起来进行回答 第三个答案：acrtivity3 task 在这一环节当中我会设计一个任务。任务类型为知识的抢答。 首先我会将整个班级分为若干个小组，每组有七到八个人。并选出小组长。这一环节中我设计了十个对错题，（true or false）,要求学生以小组的形式进行抢答。并作出得分记录，最后还要评选出第一名。在抢答过程当中，我并不只单单是以游戏的形式来完成这一任务，只是简单的完成对错题，我会要求每组在抢答的过程当中，要对他们所选的答案进行解释说明为什么。让学生在这个过程当中真正玩有所得。
Step 4 post-reading 这一环节我会把我们所读的这篇文章设计成一篇阅读题的模式，设计五道选择题，用幻灯片展示出来，并让学生进行选择。题目的设计会以文章的主旨大意和一些细节作为试题。这让学生能在这一环节当中对刚刚已经学习知识进行巩固。
Step5 summary 在这一环节中我会整堂课做一个简短的总结，并再一次强调本次课的重难点。让学生明确本课的重点，再一次明确课堂目标。和引导学生对这篇文章的情感态度进行升华。
Step6 homework 作业
a. New wrds and phrases
b. Sentence pattern: If- clause
c. iprve their reading sills.
d. Taling abut prbles f the Earth.
6. 说教学难点 teaching difficult pints (语法；发展交际能力)
a. functinal ite: Suppsitin.
b. Develp their cunicative abilit. Act ut their wn dialgue.
7. 说教具 teaching aids (ulti-edia cputer, sftware, OHP)
The teaching sllabus sas that it’s necessar fr teachers t use dern teaching facilities. It’s f great help t increase the class densit and iprve ur teaching result. It can als ae the Ss reach a better understanding f the text b aing the classes livel and interesting. At the sae tie, it aruses the Ss’ interest in learning English.
二、说教法 Teaching ethds
Five step ethd; audi-vide; cunicative apprach;
Tas-based learning: New Sllabus Design encurages teachers t use this teaching ethd. TBLT can stiulate Ss’ initiative in learning and develp their abilit in language applicatin. Mae the Ss the real asters in class while the teacher hiself acts as the directr and bring their abilit int full pla.
三、说学法 Stud ethds
1. Teach Ss hw t be successful language learners.
2. Teach Ss hw t develp the reading sill — si ≈ scan; hw t cunicate with thers; hw t learn new wrds; hw t learn independentl;
3. Get the Ss t fr gd learning habits.
I. 复习 (Revisin) 5in (Dail reprt; 词汇diagra; brainstring; activate scheata)
Activit 1: Iaginatin
1). Suppse a bttle f in is turned ver and dirties ur white shirt, what is t be dne? (Wash it? Or thrw it awa?)
2). Suppse u catch a bad cld, what’s t be dne?
3). Suppse ur bie is bren, what’s t be dne?
4). And suppse the earth, n which we all live, is daaged, what’s t be dne?
* What can u thin f when u see “pllutin” this wrd?(waste, envirnent, air, water, factr, desert, cliate... Tr t activate the Ss scheata regarding the tpic f pllutin.)
II. 呈现 (Presentatin) 5in
Activit 2: Presentatin
Pla the sng “Earth Sng” sung b Michael acsn. (Create an atsphere)
A lt f pictures and vide clips abut the causes and results f the three prbles entined in this lessn will be shwn n the screen with the help f the cputer.
Ss’ presentatin n pllutin. Attract their attentin, aruse their interest, and create a gd atsphere fr cunicatin.
* Activate their scheata and cultivate their abilit in cllecting infratin fr the Internet and develp their abilit in thining independentl.
III. 对话 / 阅读 (Dialgue)18
1. Pre- reading
Activit 3: Predictin
1st listening/ fast reading, ne guided Q t help Ss t get the ain idea:
What d u thin is discussed at the cnference?
2. While- reading
Activit 4: Read and answer
2nd listening/ careful reading, re Qs t get the detailed infratin. Develp their reading sills: si ≈ scan. Pa attentin t the prnunciatin, stress ≈ intnatin.
* 阅读: Pre-reading; while-reading; pst-reading (fast reading/ careful reading; si/ scan; 识别关键词e wrds；确定主题句；创设信息差infratin gap；T r F; 填表格chart/diagra; Predicting; Mae a tieline; Mae a str ap。达到对课文的整体理解和掌握。S that the can have a gd understanding f the whle text.)
3. Pst- reading
Activit 5: Language fcus
While Ss are answering the Qs, the teacher deals with se e language pints.
a. is being caused b. and s n c. g n ding
d. be fit fr e. standing r f. if- clause
IV. 操练 (Practice) 10
Activit 6: Retell
Use ur wn wrds t retell the dialgue in the 3rd persn.
Activit 7: Acting ut
Activit 8: Drill – Suppsitin
Purpse: Practise the functinal ite f Suppsitin. (P. 33 Part 2; P.113, wb Ex. 3)
(Retell; act ut; rle pla)
V. 巩固 (Cnslidatin) 6
(Discussin; interview; press cnference; debate; quiz)
Activit 9: rle pla
Suppse u were head f a village, scientist, urnalist and villager, ae up a cnversatin and as several grups t denstrate in frnt f the class.
* The Ss are encuraged t use the wrds and expressin_rs lie pllutin, daage, be fit fr, turn int, the if- clause, etc.
Activit 10: Discussin
Thin f the questin: Are we causing daage t the wrld?
What shuld we d t save the earth and prtect ur envirnent especiall in ur dail life?
Cllect their answers and fr a reprt.
VI. 作业 (Hewr) 1 (Writing; cntinue the str; recite; retell)
Write a letter t the ar, telling hi sth. abut the pllutin arund ur schl.
Teaching aims and demands 教学目标
1. Knowledge aims:
a. Provide Ss some information about the cellphone.
b. Learn new words and expressions: toothpick, agreement, disagreement, disagree, absolutely, depend, be good at, inside out
2. Ability aims 能力目标
a. Enable Ss to find the answers in the text quickly and correctly.
b. help Ss to find the main idea of each paragraph.
3. Learning ability aims 学能目标
a. Help Ss to express their opinions about life on the go.
b. Improve the reading ability.
Teaching important points 教学重点
Let Ss learn to how to improve their ability.
Teaching difficult points 教学难点
How to get the main idea of the text and each paragraph quickly and correctly.
Teaching methods 教学方法
1. Co-operative method for creative ideas.
2. Fast reading and careful reading
3.Quesion-and-answer activity teaching method
Teaching aids 教具准备
1. A telephone
2. Some pictures
Teaching procedures & ways 教学过程与方式
Step I Lead-in and warming-up
Ask the students consider this question: If I miss my mother, how can I do? Then the Ss can give me many ways like walking home to tell my mother, write a letter, or just give a call. Then I asked my Ss which one is the best. The students will tell me "telephone", and then I will deal with the new lesson life on the go.
Check the answers in the exercise books and tell them some skills of reading.
Step III Fast reading
Give the students some minutes and read the text quickly and then answer the questions.
1. What does life on the go mean?
Life on the go here means a fast-paced lifestyle where people are always on the go—rushing from one place to another, using phones, computers, etc.
2. What is the second paragraph about?
It’s mainly about the different uses of cellphones.
Step IV Careful reading
Read the text carefully and then decide the following true or false questions.
1. Many Chinese teenagers live life on the go just like Wang Mei.
2. With cellphones, we can only make calls and send messages.
3. All cellphones have an electronic calendar to remind you of appointments and dates.
4. The students don’t use the cellphone in the classroom because of the school rules.
5. With a cellphone, students will certainly waste some time and money on it.
6. Teenagers like cellphones just because they can send messages.
7. Wang Mei has a cellphone but her best friend Xiao Li hasn’t.
Step V Consolidation
Give the students 5 minutes to read the text against and find the main idea of each paragraph.
Para. 1 Wang Mei is an example of Chinese teenagers who have cell phones.
Para. 2 Cell phones can be used for what?
Para. 3. Why are not the students allowed to use the cell phone.?
Background of English teaching in primary school: It is not a long history that English is as a subject in primary school in our country and the main instructional aims of teaching English in primary school is to cultivate pupils’ basic abilities of their listening and speaking and their good sense of the English language. Our boys and girls are exposed to English for the first time, so it is very important to develop their keen interest in English.
Today I’m going to talk about Part B of Unit 2, PEP Primary English, Book 3. This lesson includes two parts: Let’s talk and let’s practice. In section 1, it mainly deals with the dialogue about “What’s in the schoolbag?” and the answers. And in section 2, it provides a real situation for the Ss to prastise the pattern: How many +n.(pl.)+ do you have? And the answer: I have 23 +n.(pl.)
II. Teaching aims
1. Aims on the knowledge
(1) To enable the Ss to understand and speak: “My schoolbag is heavy. What’s in it? Thank you sooooooo much.” Make sure that Ss can use these sentences in real situations.
(2) To help Ss to finish the survey.
(3) Let Ss finish the assessment of “Let’s check” in this unit.
2. Aims on the abilities
(1) To develop Ss’ abilities of listening and speaking.
(2) To train the Ss’ ability of working in groups.
(3) To foster Ss’ abilities of communication and their innovation.
3. Aims on the emotion
(1)To foster Ss’ consciousness of good co-operation and proper competition.
(2) To lead Ss to show their loveliness to the poor.
III. Key-points of this lesson
(1) To help Ss ask and answer the question: What’s in it?
(2) To enable Ss to study in groups and co-operate skillfully.
(3) To develop Ss’ interest in English.
IV. Difficult points
(1) To help the Ss ask and answer the question “What’s in it?” and make sure they can use the plural nouns correctly.
(2) To finish the survey by themselves.
V. Teaching methods
As we all know: the main instructional aims of learning English in primary school is to cultivate pupils’ basic abilities of listening and speaking and their good sense of the English language. So in this lesson I’ll mainly use “Task-based” teaching method. That is to say, I will let the Ss learn in real situations, finish a task by making a survey to help the Ss to get a better understanding of the key structure of the dialogue. I will arrange four kinds of activities: singing, guessing game, finishin
g a survey and having a competition. And in this lesson a recorder, CAI, school things and a printed form will be needed. Students should prepare some school things.
VI. Teaching procedures and purposes of my designing.
I’ll finish this lesson in five steps.
Step 1. Warm-up and preview
1. Free talk between T and Ss about things in the classroom.
2. Sing the song together: Books and pencils.
3. Do some TPR, for example: Show me your English book. Show me your crayon.
4. Review the numbers by asking: “How many crayons do you have?”
Purpose: It is important to form a better English learning surrounding for the Ss by singing and doing some total physical response and at the same time it provides situations to review learned knowledge for the next step.
Step 2. Presentation
Now I’ll mainly talk about this step.
1. Present the pattern: “My schoolbag is heavy.” “What’s in it?.”
(1) Show a bag and say: “Look! I have a bag.” Carry it and say: “Oh, it is heavy. My schoolbag is heavy.” Help the Ss understand the meaning with the help of my body language. Then lead the Ss to read the sentence. Make sure they can say it correctly.
(2) T: My schoolbag is heavy.
Open the bag and say: “What’s in it? What’s in my schoolbag?”
Take out a Chinese book. Then do the action again. Let the Ss read the sentence.
2. Play a guessing game. Divide the whole class into four groups to have a competition.
Let them guess: What’s in the bag? How many? Purpose: To present the key structures one by one is much easier for the Ss to learn and grasp the meanings. Proper competition can arouse the Ss’ interest in English learning.
3. With the help of the CAI to present the dialogue. Set a situation to help Ss understand: Two Ss are coming. One girl is carrying a heavy bag on her back. They are talking.
Girl: My schoolbag is heavy.
Boy: What’s in it?
Girl: 20 story-books, 32 pencil, 9 rulers, 12 crayons and 30 picture-books. Etc.
Boy: What will you do?
Girl: They are for the poor.
Boy: Great! I’ll bring some school things too.
The boy comes back home and puts a lot of things into the bag. Then he goes to school again and gives them to a teacher. While he is taking them out, he is counting the numbers of all things. The teacher says: Thank you soooooooo much.
4. Mention that we should take care of the poor.
5. Play the cassette. Let the Ss listen and imitate the dialogue.
Pay attention to their pronunciation and intonat
ion. Purpose: CAI can provide a real situation for the Ss to understand the dialogue and the relationships between people better. Tell the Ss we should show our loveliness to the Ss.
Step 3. Practice
Divide Ss into groups of six children. Each one would finish the printed form by asking and answering: How many storybooks do you have? Find out which group finishes faster. Story books picture-books sharpeners crayons pencils erasers pencil-cases rulers Chen Jie 8 24 3 32 26 4 1 3 Purpose: Task-based teaching method is used here to develop Ss’ ability of communication and also their ability of co-operation will be well trained.
Step 4. Assessment
Help Ss finish “Let’s check” of this unit and workbook.
Purpose: To check the knowledge Ss have learned in this period.
Step 5. Add-activity
1. Let Ss tell each other how many school things they have after class. Tell their parents how many school things they have at home.
2. Take care of everything they have.
Purpose: Revision is so important that Ss should speak English as much as they as in class or after class. It is necessary for the Ss to do some extensive exercises after class to consolidate the knowledge they learned.