1. According to a recent survey ,four-million people die each year from diseases linked to smoking.依照最近的一项调查,每年有,,人死于与吸烟相关的疾病.
2. The latest surveys show that Quite a few children have unpleasant associations with homework.最近的调查显示相当多的孩子对家庭作业没什么好感.
3. No invention has received more praise and abuse than Internet. 没有一项发明象互联网同时受到如此多的赞扬和批评.
4. People seem to fail to take into account the fact that education does not end with graduation.人们似乎忽视了教育不应该随着毕业而结束这一事实.
1. An increasing number of experts believe that migrants will exert positive effects on construction of city .However ,this opinion is now being questioned by more and more city residents ,who complain that the migrants have brought many serious problems like crime and prostitution. 越来越多的.专家相信移民对城市的建设起到积极作用.然而,越来越多的城市居民却怀疑这种说法,他们抱怨民工给城市带来了许多严重的问题,象犯罪和卖淫.
2. Many city residents complain that it is so few buses in their city that they have to spend much more time waiting for a bus ,which is usually crowded with a large number of passengers.许多市民抱怨城市的公交车太少,以至于他们要花很长时间等一辆公交车,而车上可能已满载乘客.
1. Many experts point out that physical exercise contributes directly to a person’s physical fitness.许多专家指出体育锻炼直接有助于身体健康.
2. Nowadays ,many students always go into raptures at the mere mention of the coming life of high school or college they will begin.Unfortunately ,for most young people ,it is not pleasant experience on their first day on campus.当前,一提到即将开始的学校生活,许多学生都会兴高采烈.然而,对多数年轻人来说,校园刚开始的日子并不是什么愉快的经历.
3. In view of the seriousness of this problem ,effective measures should be taken before things get worse.考虑到问题的严重性,在事态进一步恶化之前,必须采取有效的措施.
4. Proper measures must be taken to limit the number of foreign tourists and the great efforts should be made to protect local environment and history from the harmful effects of international tourism.应该采取适当的措施限制外国旅游者的数量,努力保护当地环境和历史不受国际旅游业的不利影响.