Good morning, everyone, Today, it‘s a pleasure for me to stand here and I‘m very pleased to have such an opportunity to share some of my teaching ideas with you. First, let me introduce myself. My name is Guo Xinzhi, and I am working as an English teacher in Yong‘an Middle School, Congtai District of Handan. My topic today is taken from Lesson 37 of Unit 5 in Student Book 4. The main content of this unit is ―Go With Transportation‖, and the topic of Lesson 37 is ―Flying Donuts‖. I have decided to say the lesson from six parts:
Part One —— Analysis of the Teaching Material One:
Status and Function
1. This unit tells us the improvement of traffic transportation and the related stories. Besides learning this, students will also learn some words, phrases and expressions of traffic, and so on. In Lesson 37, Danny will introduce a new type of transportation to us, it is imaginary.
2. To attain ―four skills‖ request of listening, speaking, reading and writing, I will have the students do some exercise about the text.
3. Such a topic is very important in this unit. I will lead the students to use their imagination and encourage them to be creative. For example, helping them use English to describe their imaginary transportation. So I think if the students can learn this lesson well, it will be helpful to make them learn the rest of this unit.
4. While teaching them, I will also encourage them to say something about what they think the future transportations will be like. In a way, from practising such a topic, it can be helpful to raise learning interests of students and it will be also helpful to improve their spoken language. Two: Teaching Aims and Demands
The teaching aims basis is established according to Junior School English syllabus provision.
(1) To study the new words ―fuel‖, ―oil‖ and ―coal‖.
(2) To learn and master the phrases ―think of, on the way to …, have fun‖, etc.
(1) To develop the students‘ abilities of listening, speaking, reading and writing.
(2) To train the students‘ ability of working in pairs
(3) To develop the students‘ abilities of communication by learning the useful structures.
3. Moral objects
(1) Through different teaching methods to make students be interested in study.
(2) Love to know more knowledge about transportation and dare to express their opinions in English.
(3) Encourage the students to be more creative and try to make contributions to making new inventions in the future.
Three: Teaching Keys and Difficult Points The teaching keys and difficult points‘ basis is established according to Lesson 37 in the teaching materials position and function.
1. Key points:
(1).Be able to express words, phrases and sentences in English.
(2). Know about the improvement of transportation and Danny‘s invention. 2. Difficult points: Be able to talk about their imaginary future transportation in oral English. Part Two —— The Teaching Methods 1. Communicative teaching method;
2. Audio-visual teaching method;
3. Task-based teaching method;
4. Classified teaching method. As we all know: the main instructional aims of learning English in the Middle School is to cultivate students‘ abilities of listening, speaking, reading, writing and their good sense of the English language. So in this lesson I‘ll mainly use ―Communicative‖ teaching method, ―Audio-visual‖ teaching method and ―Task-based‖ teaching method and ―Classified‖ teaching method. That is to say, I‘ll let the students get a better understanding of the key structures. I‘ll give the students some tasks and arrange some kinds of activities, like talking, watching CAI, and reading in roles. In a word, I want to make the students the real masters in class while the teacher himself acts as director. I also hope to combine the language structures with the language functions and let the students receive some moral education while they are learning the English language.
Part Three —— Studying ways
1. Teach the students how to be successful language learners.
2. Make situation and provide meaningful duty, encourage the students to study the text by themselves.
Part Four —— Teaching steps As this lesson plays an important part in the English teaching of this unit, I have decided the following steps to train their ability of listening, speaking, reading and writing, especially reading and speaking ability. The entire steps are: Step1 Warm-up and Lead-in Show the students some pictures of common transportations, like car, bike, train and so on. Ask the students: What can you see from the picture? Is there another kind of transportation around us? Purpose of my designing: In this part, have the students say more about what they see or what they don‘t see. In this way, they will know today‘s lesson has something to do with their discussion. Step2 Presentation 1. Learn new words in groups. The new word in this lesson are fuel, oil and coal. Show them pictures of these things and teach them these new words.
Purpose of my designing:
1. After seeing the pictures, the students will know what they are and they can learn them quickly and easily.
2. Play the tape recorder. Let the students listen and imitate the text. Pay attention to their pronunciation and intonation. Then finish the exercises on the computer. Purpose of my designing: This step is employed to make the students get the general idea of the text. At the same time let the students have a chance to practise their listening and speaking ability.
3. Text Learning and a Quiz I‘ll use CAI to present the whole text. I‘ll write the key points on the blackboard while they are watching. After watching, I‘ll teach them to read the words and sentences on the Bb. Make sure they can read them well. After teaching them the whole text, including the meanings of new words, the use of similar expressions and so on. Get the students to try and say out some phrases on the screen, like I don‘t think so, have fun, a new kind of, on the way to school, and so on. Purpose of my designing: To present the text by CAI is much easier for the students to learn and grasp the meanings. CAI can provide a real situation with its sound and picture and it makes the relationships between the students better.
4. Key Structures and Difficult Points Learning First, I will divide the students into three groups and tell them to have a discussion about what they learn in this lesson. Then encourage them to try to understand the whole text, know what the difficult points are, and so on. At last, I will help them to master them all. For example, I teach the students know the differences between phrases think of, think about and think over. I will show them some sentences and get them to know the use of these phrases. Encourage them to do some exercise about these phrases. Purpose of my designing: By practising using these new words and similar phrases, the students will know how to use them in English and master the use of them better.
5. Read and Say Give the students two or three minutes to prepare, and then get them read the text together in three groups. Tell them to read aloud. Then help the students say something about the future transportation or their imaginary transportation. Encourage them to say more. Purpose of my designing: By reading the text and saying such things, get the students to practise their reading and speaking ability again.
Part Five —— Summarize and Homework Ask the students such questions:
What have we learned from this lesson? What does Danny say about his new kind / type of transportation? Do you like his idea? What new phrases have we learned today? Do you have enough confidence to finish these exercises? Now, let‘s try! Then show them some exercises and help them to finish them. At last, tell the students what today‘s homework is. While doing this, the teacher can have the boys and girls have a competition to see who are better.
Part Six —— Blackboard Designing Lesson 37 Flying Donuts Language points:
1.think of认为,想起; think over仔细考虑; think out想出
2.at/in the front of在……前面(部)/ in front of在……前面
3.on the way to school在上学的路上/ on one‘s way home在回家路上
4. With用…… Purpose of my designing: Presents the text key content clearly on the blackboard, favors the students to knowledge grasping. OK. That’s all.
Thanks for listening to me and helping me.
Good morning, teachers. Today I’m very glad to show my teaching plan here. The lesson I’m going to talk about is from lesson 1, unit 1, PEP book 1. Generally, I’ll teach this lesson from the following aspects: teaching material, teaching aims, teaching and learning methods, teaching procedures and blackboard designing.
Firstly, let’s look at the teaching material. This unit discusses about the stationery. And this lesson is the first one of this unit. It consists of two parts: Let’s learn and Let’s do. In Let’s learn, it requires Ss to master the new words "pencil, pen, crayon, ruler, eraser". Ss have learned some words about stationery. They’re still very interested in that. So they’ll be interested in this new lesson.
Secondly, let’s talk about the teaching aims. The New Curriculum Standard points out that the objective of English in the basic educational stage is to develop Ss’ ability of language using. According to that and the teaching material, I’d like to make the following aims:
First, knowledge aims: Enable Ss to master the new words "pencil, pen, crayon, ruler, eraser" and the structure "I like…".
Second, ability aims: Develop Ss’ basic ability of listening and speaking. Enable them to use the structure freely in the real situation.
Third, emotion aims: Develop Ss’ consciousness of cooperation and competition.
Fourth, learning strategy aims: Enable Ss to pay attention to the observation and communication.
Fifth, culture aims: Make Ss understand the differences between Chinese and English culture.
According to the analysis of material and the characteristics of pupils, I think the teaching importance of this lesson is the 5 new words and the new structure. The teaching difficulty is to use the words and the structure freely in the real situation.
Thirdly, I’d like to analyze Ss and show you my teaching and learning methods.
Grade 3 is the first year to learn English. Ss are very curious about English. They’re active and competitive. Also, they are good at imitating. But, their attention can’t be kept long. So it requires us to use attractive teaching manners to hold Ss’ attention. Based on the psychoanalysis and Ss’ interests, I mainly use the task-based approach, which embodies the idea of the New Curriculum Standard and can help Ss keep their passion for English. In order to help Ss finish the task efficiently, I’ve prepared activities such as TPR, chanting, singing, game, etc. I also arrange individual work, pair work and group work for Ss to practice. Besides, praise is very important. When they have a chance to speak, and have done a good job, they can get a star or something like that on their books. It’s very important to keep Ss’ interests.
Fourthly, we come to the most important part—the teaching procedures. It can be divided into 5 steps: warm-up, presentation, practice, extension and homework.
First, let’s look at step 1 "Warm-up".
In this part, I’ll get the Ss to sing a song and do some revision.
The purpose of singing a song is to attract Ss’ attention and make a relaxing atmosphere for Ss to concentrate on the English class. The revision aims to help Ss review the words and sentences they have learned before and get them prepared for the new lesson.
Step 2 "Presentation".
As we know, children are characterized by image thinking. They can understand the content easily with the help of the gestures. After the new words are taught, a small conclusion can help them master better. And chant is a good way to strengthen their memory and make the poor feel confident, as well as their pronunciation and intonation. The chant in this part is like this: A pen, a pencil, I can see. A pen, a pencil, for you and me. And it’s necessary to present the new words in different ways to avoid boredom and tediousness.
Step 3 "Practice".
Traditionally, there aren’t many chances offered for Ss to talk in the class. That’s not a proper way to learn English. So I’ll try some activities in my lesson, such as games and role play. Games aim to stimulate Ss’ interests in English and strengthen their memories of what’s been learned before. And also train their consciousness of cooperation and competition. Role play is a good way to improve their ability of language using.
Step 4 is Extension.
This step is very important and necessary. I mainly put key points and difficulties in this part. Also, I’ll praise Ss’ behavior in this class.
It can make Ss know more clearly about what they have learned in this class, and proper complements can help them hold their interests.
Step 5 "Homework".
（1） Listen and read the new words after class.
（2） Finish the exercise book.
Ss will forget the new lessen soon if they don’t practice. It’s necessary to give some proper assignment. And it’s also an important feedback.
Fifthly, I’ll show you my blackboard designing. I divide the whole class into 4 groups. Each group can get a star when any one of them does a good job. And that’s a competition that can keep their attention. （Write the new words and the structure on the board.）
（一） 教材地位和教学内容分析 本课是高一必修模块1第4单元的阅读课型，这单元围绕earthquakes这一主题开展听、说、读、写多种教学活动。Reading设计为本单元的第2课时。本课型是单元整体教学的重要环节，为学生的语言学习、语法学习提供了载体，并且是学生获取信息的主要来源。“Reading――― A NIGHT THE EARTH DIDN’T SLEEP” 具体描写1976年唐山大地震的震前、震中和震后。本篇文章词汇量大，运用了大量的动词、复杂的数字，出现许多定语从句，篇幅较长，并且采用一些修辞手法，对学生的语言阅读能力提出了更高的要求。但文章的结构较明显，较容易归纳出各部分的中心词。
b)学习掌握与地震相关的词汇，如：shake,well,rise,smelly,pond,pipe,burst,canal,steam,ruin,injure,destroy,brick,dam,useless,steel,shock,quake,rescue,electricity,disaster,army,organize,bury,coal,mine,shelter,fresh,percent等，以及 right away, at an end, dig out, give out, thousands of以及一些优美句子的赏析。
3）重点掌握有关地震的词汇，特别是shake, burst, ruin, injure, destroy, shock, quake, rescue, disaster, army, organize, bury, shelter。 4）欣赏并理解课文中优美句子，让学生掌握一些英语修辞用法。
STEP1 导入 lead-in 在课堂开始，我会给学生播放一段有冯小刚导演拍的电影《唐山大地震》的片段节选，让学生能通过电影能理解和体会到自然灾害给人类带来的巨大灾难。让后直接导入今天的课题。这个能激发学生去了解这篇文章的兴趣，积极加入课堂。
Step2 pre-reading 读前 在这个环节我会在学生在读这篇文章之前给出几个问题。但是并不要求学生马上给出答案。而是要求在下一环节的阅读中找出答案。
Step3 while reading 在这个环节当中我设计了3个活动 第一个活动 activity1 fast reading 给学生几分钟的时间，让后让学生快速阅读这篇文章，并找出在读前所给题的答案，在读完文章之后，让几个同学来进行回答。 第二个活动 activity2 scanning 放录音，让学生跟随录音快速阅读，并要求学生找出每一段落的中心句，并在读完之后，要求得出这篇文章的整体大意。并让学生起来进行回答 第三个答案：acrtivity3 task 在这一环节当中我会设计一个任务。任务类型为知识的抢答。 首先我会将整个班级分为若干个小组，每组有七到八个人。并选出小组长。这一环节中我设计了十个对错题，（true or false）,要求学生以小组的形式进行抢答。并作出得分记录，最后还要评选出第一名。在抢答过程当中，我并不只单单是以游戏的形式来完成这一任务，只是简单的完成对错题，我会要求每组在抢答的过程当中，要对他们所选的答案进行解释说明为什么。让学生在这个过程当中真正玩有所得。
Step 4 post-reading 这一环节我会把我们所读的这篇文章设计成一篇阅读题的模式，设计五道选择题，用幻灯片展示出来，并让学生进行选择。题目的设计会以文章的主旨大意和一些细节作为试题。这让学生能在这一环节当中对刚刚已经学习知识进行巩固。
Step5 summary 在这一环节中我会整堂课做一个简短的总结，并再一次强调本次课的重难点。让学生明确本课的重点，再一次明确课堂目标。和引导学生对这篇文章的情感态度进行升华。
Step6 homework 作业
第二册第五单元第二节课， 本单元围绕做"比较"( Makingcomparison) 这个题材开展多种教学活动，它与上一单元联系紧密，是它的延续。本节课是本单元的重点，表示数量的some,few的比较。通过学习的比较等级，进一步加深对比较等级的语法现象的理解与运用。同时通过some,few比较等级在陈述句与疑问句中的操练，进一步提高学生听、说、读、写综合素质能力。
德育目标：教育学生热爱劳动。不臀藁?No pains,no gains)。
重点：学习表示数量some, a few的比较等级。
难点：some, a few的比较等级在实际生活中的应用。
为了激发学生的学习兴趣，引起注意，拉近师生距离，首先告诉学生这节课我将带他们去一个有趣的地方，并请他们依据我的提示猜测要去哪里？ 当学生猜出去农场时，我们便"上车"， 一路欢歌(PickingApples)去农场。随着"嘎"的刹车声，电脑打出农场全景， 给学生一种身临其境的感觉，导入正课。
为了调动学生的积极性，利用Work in threes,in pairs,in row,in group,及Boys ask,Girls answer等多种不同方式操练巩固。使学生处于积极思维的状态之中，全方位、多角度培养学生运用英语的能力。
本课的又一次高潮是将游戏与练习有机结合，融为一体。设计下棋游戏，棋盘为２０个格，每格均为在苹果园里劳动的情景，并配有本课的重点－－比较等级的练习题。棋盘的上一男一女分别代表男生与女生两大组，值得一提的是决定男女生在棋盘上走几步的转盘，是用本课重点词汇fewest,fewer,a few,some,more与most组成，使学生在玩中进一步体会数量some,a few的比较等级的运用。学生通过转轮，边做游戏边做练习，寓教于乐，极大地激发学生学习兴趣，同时巩固了学生所学的知识。
Unit 5 Lesson 18
Kate some apples.
Jim has more apples than Kate.
Meimei the most of all.
The first truck a few baskets.
The second one is carrying fewer tham the first.
The third one the fewest of all.
The teaching design I’m going to talk about is for unit 10, from Fun with English for primary school, Book 1A. It mainly deals with colors , I’ll describe it mainly in 5 parts.
1. Analysis of Ss
Most of the first-grade Ss haven’t learned English. But some of them have learned some basic knowledge about English in the kindergarten. They are eager to learn and are interested in English. All these are to the advantages of English learning.
Analysis of the textbook
The ultimate goal of Oxford English is to develop the comprehensive ability to use the language. That is to develop their four skills, listening, speaking, reading and writing.
Firstly, knowledge objective. In this unit, Ss are required to master the five words ( red, green, yellow, brown, white) and sentence structure “ What color?”
Secondly, skill objective. Ss are going to learn how to apply the words and expressions they’ve learned in their daily life. The good news is that unit 10 is so closely connected with their daily life that it is not difficult to set a life-like language environment for them to practice what they’ve learned in class.
Thirdly, emotional objective. We should make Ss become aware of their own advantages and disadvantages in learning. And also teach them to be willing to cooperate with others. In this way to help them develop a healthy and positive character.
The key points of this lesson are the five words ( red, green, yellow, brown, white) and sentence structure “ What color?”
The difficult points of this lesson are how to motivate students’ zeal for knowledge and create life-like language situation.